Guide to Content Marketing: 2021 and Beyond
Want to know and explore different aspects of content marketing? Here’s our guide to a successful content marketing strategy that will help your business reach more audiences, improve conversions, and boost ROI. Read along!
Interruptions aren’t welcome anymore, if anything they have grown more annoying, and a deterrence. Traditional marketing is no different. It’s interventionist in its nature to the very core, hence innately interruptive! Which makes traditional marketing in today’s world ineffective!
Content marketing is the alternative, which proves to be more effective in reaching out to prospects and turning leads into consumers. Which is reason enough why businesses have been vying for content marketing for some time now and leveraging it to engage their target audience on many fronts? So, let’s begin our blog from content marketing basics!
Content marketing, simply put, involves planning, creating, publishing, and sharing content to reach, educate, guide your target audience. What content marketing does to a business is to help it improve brand awareness. This ultimately boosts sales, connects business with the target audience, and efficiently engages prospects, leads, customers.
As earlier pointed out, traditional outbound marketing isn’t effective anymore in converting leads. A much better and creative alternative is content marketing. It helps your business not only win over customer’s trust but also:
- Educate your prospective consumers and leads to the products and services offered
- Boost sales, conversions, and leads
- Cement mutual trust and brand loyalty between your business and customers
- Solve the audience’s issues or problems with your products and services more effectively
- Build a community of followers around your business
That justifies why investing in content marketing more proactively is a good idea.
A brief intro to various types of content marketing.
1. Social Media Content Marketing
Social media has over 3.7 billion users worldwide. Therefore, it makes complete sense to invest in social media content marketing, which includes creating and sharing social media content through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
2. Infographic Content Marketing
Infographics are an easy and user-friendly way of producing content, which is a concoction of information and data put together using engaging and enthralling graphics.
3. Blog Content Marketing
Blogging is a common but most powerful content tool for inbound marketing. It’s the easiest way to share information for the edification of your target audience. And blogs can be product-related, educational, or customer-related.
4. Podcast Content Marketing
Podcasts have become quite popular lately and the best sources for the consumption of information, which is audible. Businesses are now increasingly turning to podcasts to spread brand awareness, and promote products and services to their target audience.
5. Video Content Marketing
By far, video consumption has just skyrocketed. Its popularity is immense. In fact, consumers actively seek more videos from brands. Which has made video content marketing an important and indispensable marketing tool? Moreover, video marketing is better positioned to boost conversions and improve ROI.
Best Content Marketing Strategy for 2020 and Beyond
- Set practical, workable, and smart goals – Define in advance your purpose behind content marketing; is it to improve brand awareness or boost sales or just to share info, and strategize accordingly.
- Set clear-cut KPIs for your goals – What are indicators or key performance indicators that will quantify the performance of your content marketing against your set goals. Will it boost site traffic or social media engagement or daily sales – define beforehand.
- Be creative with content channels selection – Select channels on which to share content creatively. If it’s social media, which one will it be – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. Taking the nature of your content – which in turn depends on nature, demography, age of your target audience – into consideration, choose marketing channels accordingly!
- Allocate budget, create and share the content – Everything set, with a budget in place, you’re good to go and start creating and sharing content. Better is not to rush to share content all at once but have a scheduled editorial calendar in place to maximize traction and impact of your content.
- Measure and analyze results of your content marketing – With a set of robust marketing analytics tools, measure and analyze results of your content marketing, and improve your future campaigns by getting rid of shortcomings.